My original plans for this week’s post fell through thanks to WinterWeather2015 part 94324532 dumping another few inches of lovely snow on us yesterday. Hopefully that plan will happen sometime in the coming weeks.
So I asked Dante to help me brainstorm good ideas for the blog and he came up with this one, which immediately made me yell YAS YAS YASSSSS!!!!
I figured it would be funnier to dub over a clip that I had never seen before and had no clue what was happening in it. At first, I picked a fight scene in the Batman movie with Bain, but then I made the mistake of watching it so I had to rethink that idea.
I then remembered how I know absolutely nothing about Star Trek, and wondered what it would be like to dub over a trailer for it. THIS, friends, was the perfect choice. Prepare to be amazed over my absolute zero knowledge (besides knowing the name Spock) of all things Star Trek (also, apologies to Jennifer Morrison for confusing her with Kirsten Dunst):
We had to reverse the image because of copyright concerns (although it is kinda cool to see things backwards!!)
Other notable firsts:
* I had never been to Three Rivers before. I had another informational interview with a woman who worked there about more careers to look into at the college level. I was introduced to her by her sister who works at Conn College and was the first informational interview that I went on back in December. This sister was the 60-year old version of myself. It was pretty wild to see what I could be like in 30 years!!!
* I had never seen a video that Dante posted of me on my birthday on instagram talking about one of the books that I was currently reading. I laughed really hard!!!
* I had never forgotten to put my e-brake on and then gotten out of the car. Whoops. Luckily, a snow bank stopped it after 3 inches of rolling. That would have REALLY sucked if the snow wasn’t there!
* I had never heard of the blog 1000 Awesome Things before. A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a TED talk by Neil Pasricha. The talk was included in a list of talks having to do with what to do with your life upon graduation (listen, I’ve had so many graduations that you’d think I’d know the answer to this now….). His life sounded so similar to mine, so I checked out his site and then wrote him an e-mail to thank him for the talk and letting him know how nice it is to see you’re not alone in your views on the world. He was super nice and replied back and even stopped by this blog. Sometimes life is just awesome.
* I had never helped a friend out with student loan information before. It felt good to give her all of the info that I’ve accrued over the past few months. All the tears were worth it to help someone else out!!
* I had never done hot yoga before. I did Bykram yoga when I was in Hawaii, which is a specific set of moves done at a specific temperature. But hot yoga is just any style of yoga done in a hot temperature. It was my first time practicing yoga in like 4 years, and I might have come close to falling over about 5 times, and may or may not have kicked my instructor while attempting a tripod, but it was pretty fun!!
* I had never been hired to write for a website before!! I landed a small contractor-writing job that will help bring in a few extra $$. I also now get to use all of my masters degrees. Exciting, no?! Check out my first article!
* I had never taught Dante how to make sushi before! We made it for our snowed-in Valentine’s Day dinner extravaganza 🙂