I’m not quite sure where I got this idea from, but somehow it popped into my head! I found this helpful video online that helped explain how to put long hair into a full liberty ‘hawk:
I was sure that I could do it to my hair, too! I carefully separated out the sections of hair:
I definitely was not going to fully commit to a full mohawk and shave the sides of my head, so i pulled them back to the back of my head.
I blow-dried. I sprayed. I gelled. I blow-dried. I sprayed. I blow-dried. I blow-dried some more. Somehow I did not set my extremely flammable hair on fire.
How’d it come out? Welp, I simply have too much hair. The first spike was TERRIBLE. The best one was the third one, which stood ramrod straight for about 5 minutes. Before also slowly wilting. My arms hurt, the bathroom smelled like burnt hair, and my arms weren’t long enough to reach the ends of the spikes.
But that one spike stood up for 5 minutes, and that’s what I’m choosing to focus on! Maybe one day I’ll spout another, longer set of arms to assist in this matter. I have plenty of product to try again!
Other notable firsts:
* I had never seen parts of “This is 40.” I saw the last 30ish minutes. It was hysterical.
* I had never cooked a birthday dinner for one of my cohort members! I used to cook my Honolulu roommates birthday dinners every year, but I haven’t been able to do that in 3 years. It was great to do it again 🙂
* I had never known how to kiss a boy that I’m not dating. NO IT’S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!!! Somehow I stumbled across this godawful gem of a website:
I’m not quite sure what my favorite line is…”To make your ‘move,’ tell your crush to meet you somewhere you know personally that not a lot of people go. But don’t choose to meet each other in an alley.” OR “Win his attention again by staring into his eyes. If it works, make the big move. Tilt your head 9 degrees in whichever way you are leaning into him.” OR maybe it’s just that last picture. All of it is amazingly ridiculous. How do people even come up with these things?!!
* I had never heard Dante be compared to Mark Sanchez. This was the first thing out of Mrs. Holby’s mouth when she met him. She then handed him her headband, made him put it on, and exclaimed “Take my picture with Mark Sanchez!!” It was hilarious. She has also never made it on this blog, so hooray!!
* I had never had a blog for a year. It has seriously flown by. CRAZY!!