I realized a week or two ago that I had never slept in a place where I could see the stars. I’ve camped before, but always stayed in a tent. So I decided to spend a night on the hammock! I was a little scared, since it would be pitch black and skunks hang out in our yard in the summer, but I was brave and faced my fears!
Before I went outside:
What I looked like hanging out in the hammock (this was taken the night after, just for show haha)
I slept well, and liked it for the most part! I had no bug bites and listened to crickets all night.
However, I probably should have checked the weather. I awoke at 6:30 am to raindrops falling on my face. I had asked mom to keep the closest door to the hammock unlocked in case I needed to run inside, but she forgot. So at 6:30 am, I had to try 4 doors before I finally was able to make it inside the house. Sooooo special!
I would definitely do it again (after checking the radar, of course….)
Other notable firsts (wow there’s a lot!):
* I had never taken the handicapped elevator at the post office. I had to run errands and couldn’t make it up the stairs with the stroller, so I took the handy handicapped elevator. It took me a few tries to get it to work hahaha
* I had never seen the episode where Charlie and Amita first hook up in Numb3rs.
* I had never seen John C. Reilly’s character Dr. Steve Brule. If you have never heard of this character, youtube it immediately. I had tears streaming down my face.
* I had never eaten one thin mint at a time (usually it’s like half the box).
* I had never paid a $15 late fee at the library. They were due in March. Ooooooops.
* I had never taken a bike ride all around Black Point/Old Black Point. So beautiful.
* I had never made up a theme song about coffee. It was terrible (but catchy).
* I had never read any of Henry Longfellow’s works. I read a few of his short poems and liked them very much.
* I had never pulled my India pants all the way up. Teeheeheehee.
* I had never learned about my body shape type. It cleared up why my hips always seemed so high!! Check it out, ladies: http://www.insideoutstyleblog.com.